- Publications & Insights
Angela Waki is a partner in our Nairobi office.
She specialises in general commercial and corporate law, employment and work benefits law, telecommunications law and land law. She has undertaken legal due diligences and forensic investigations and also advises on dispute resolution.
She has an LLB from the University of Nairobi and was admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Advising France Telecom and Orange East Africa on a range of shareholder matters and potential claims against the Government of Kenya involving its acquisition of Telkom Kenya Limited;
- Advising Privatisation Commissionon behalf of the Government of Kenya, on the privatisation of Kenya Pipeline Company Ltd and the privatisation of Consolidated Bank Ltd, as part of the PricewaterhouseCoopers consortium Involved extensive due diligence exercise and drafting report;
- Advising Regional Reach Limited on re-organisation of its television and radio assets;
- Advising Engenderhealth Incorporated on reorganisation in Kenya;
- Advising Engenderhealth Incorporated on the forensic investigation into widespread fraud in Engenderhealth Kenya and on possible criminal action against perpetrators;
- Advising Confidential multinational firm and investigation into on alleged fraud in a Kenyan subsidiary;
- Advising A large construction company in Kenya on the possible acquisition of its shares/assets by a strategic investor;
- Advising Pricewaterhouse Coopers on the forensic investigation into the dealings between Triton Petroleum Limited and Kenya Pipeline Company Limited;
- Advising NIC Bank Limited on acquisition of Savings & Finance Commercial Bank Limited in Tanzania;
- Security Review of the Bank’s security portfolio and Advising on perfection of defective securities;
- Extensive due diligence exercise and drafting report for restructuring;
- Extensive due diligence exercise and drafting report. Acquisition and merger of two large banks in Kenya involving a bank listed on the NSE;
- Extensive due diligence exercise in the proposed acquisition international agricultural and horticultural enterprise (Confidential multinational horticultural enterprise);
- Advising Kingdom Hotel Investments and extensive due diligence exercise for purchaser, transactional advice and drafting report in the acquisition of Lonrho Africa Kenyan hotel group;
- Advising various clients on a wide range of employment issues including redundancy and retrenchment of employees involving provision of legal opinions, preparation and review of employment contracts, human resource policies and other documents;
- Advising various telecommunications companies on licensing and other regulatory matters including provision of legal opinions, preparation and review of agreements and other documents, liaising with regulators;
- Advising various clients on possible claims, for or against them, in commercial law related disputes including provision of legal opinions, participating in settlement negotiations, preparation and review of settlement agreements;
- Advising Bank of Africa on E-commerce agreements;
- Advising ENRC on various contracts with the Kenyan Government
- Advising NIC Bank Limited on review of their securities portfolio.
Publications & Insights
- The employment relationship and how it is affected by business transfers in countries across Africa
- Kenya office plays significant role in the disposal of Orange Kenya’s shares
- East Africa Community works towards the harmonisation of pension laws
- The enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Kenya: The decision reinforces the importance of adhering to the governing law clauses in agreements
- Procurement law in Kenya can be perplexing, with plenty of red tape