- Publications & Insights
Anthony Njogu is a partner in our Nairobi office.
He specialises in civil and commercial disputes, particularly in the intellectual property and media and telecommunications fields, and handles large international commercial arbitrations. He is well versed in public procurement and judicial review, having represented clients before the Supreme Court, the Court of Appeal, the High Court and the Public Procurement Administrative Review.
Anthony has an LLB from the University of Nairobi and a Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, a Commissioner for Oaths, a Notary Public and a Patent Agent of the Kenya Industrial Property Institute.
- Representing one of the Big Four professional services firms in procurement proceedings relating to the Standard Gauge Railway project, one of the Kenya government’s flagship infrastructure projects estimated to cost USD 3.8 billion for the Mombasa – Nairobi phase.
- Representing a Danish company in a procurement appeal over a KES 7.9 billion claim relating to the construction of a greenfield aviation fuel depot at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Representing Uber in court proceedings filed by a group representing over 800 drivers in Kenya seeking to challenge the contractual terms between the parties.
- Advising MultiChoice Africa in competition matters before the Competition Authority of Kenya.
- Representing Japan Export Vehicle Inspection Centre in relation to judicial review and administrative law remedies related to procurement proceedings by Kenya Bureau of Standards as well as before the Public Procurement Regulatory Authority.
- Representing MultiChoice Africa and GOtv in constitutional proceedings seeking to halt the migration from analogue to digital broadcasting in Kenya
- Representing East Africa Breweries in the dispute with a local company over the Smirnoff Black Ice with Guarana product
- Acting for one of the world’s largest manufacturers of pharmaceutical products, in landmark constitutional proceedings dealing with property rights in pharmaceutical products
- Acting on a major international commercial arbitration is a dispute where the claim exceeds USD 600 million
- Advising one of Kenya’s largest coffee houses in relation to a successful appeal in Uganda related to registration of its trademarks in that country.
- Anthony is recognised by Chambers Global 2017, and 2016. Chambers ranked Anthony in Band 4 for Dispute Resolution.
- Legal 500 2017 lists Anthony as a recommended lawyer under Dispute Resolution
- Anthony is also listed as one of the Business Daily’s Top 40 Men in Kenya Under 40.
- Recognised as a Notable Practitioner in IP Stars, 2016.
Anthony Njogu acts on litigation and arbitration cases in areas such as online advertising and pharmaceutical products. One source said: “When you’re under pressure, he delivers on time. He’s very accessible and very responsive, even if he’s attending court.” – Chambers 2017
“a particularly talented partner, who represents his firm well. We were very pleased with him.” – Chambers 2016
“I have increasingly worked with Anthony as well who has been as impressive” – IP Stars, 2016