- Publications & Insights
Chris Green is a partner in our Dar es Salaam office.
Chris specialises in mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets work. His expertise extends to public and private transactional work, having advised clients such as SABMiller, Coca-Cola Beverages Africa, Du Pont, Alexander Forbes and Rand Merchant Investment Holdings in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. On the equity capital markets front, Chris’ experience includes advising clients in both South Africa and Australia on their IPOs, capital raising transactions and general listings matters. Chris also advises clients on competition/ anti-trust and regulatory matters.
Chris has been seconded to Shell South Africa Energy as well as to the M&A and Capital Markets Practice of a leading Asia Pacific firm.
Chris has been featured as a Notable practitioner for Tanzania in IFLR1000’s 2018 edition.
He has an LLB (cum laude) and a Certificate in Advanced Company Law from the University of the Witwatersrand.
Chris’ recent M&A experience includes:
- counsel to Alexander Forbes in respect of the proposed acquisition by African Rainbow Capital of a 10% interest in the African (including South Africa) business of Alexander Forbes;
- counsel to SABMiller in respect of the combination of the soft-drink bottling operations of SABMiller, The Coca-Cola Company and Gutsche Family Investments (majority shareholders in Coca-Cola SABCO) in Southern and East Africa to create Coca-Cola Beverages Africa, forming the biggest bottler of soft drinks in Africa and the 10th largest in the world, with annual revenue of USD2.9 billion;
- counsel to Rand Merchant Investment Holdings in respect of its asset management joint ventures with MMI and Royal Bafokeng Holdings and the acquisition by those joint venture vehicles of minority interests in various asset management businesses in South Africa;
- counsel to Alexander Forbes in respect of its listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange;
- counsel to Absa Capital, in its role as sole arranger, in relation to the vendor consideration placement undertaken by JSE-listed Metair Investments Limited to fund a portion of Metair’s acquisition of Mutlu, a Turkish automotive battery manufacturer. While Chris’ focus is predominantly on M&A and ECM work, he also advises significant clients of the firm on competition/anti-trust and regulatory matters (including those clients’ interactions with industry regulators and government departments).
- IFLR1000’s 2018 Financial and Corporate Guide rated Chris as a Notable Practitioner.
- Chris has been featured as a Notable practitioner for Tanzania in IFLR1000’s 2018 edition.