- Publications & Insights
Daryn Webb heads our Johannesburg office Project Finance practice.
He specialises in project and infrastructure as well as corporate, project and other finance. His experience has included general corporate and commercial law as well as mergers and acquisitions. Daryn has led teams that advised on the financing of various significant black economic empowerment equity transactions. Outside of South Africa, Daryn has advised on transactions in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
He has BA and LLB degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Advising the South African Department of Energy in relation to all its IPP Procurement Programmes.
- Financing of gas and power plant infrastructure in Mozambique for Matola Gas Company and Gigawatt Mozambique.
- Financing of the Gautrain Rapid Link Project and various other public private partnerships.
- Chambers and Partners 2018 ranked Daryn in Band 1 for Projects & Energy (South Africa) and in Band 4 for Projects & Energy (Africa-wide).
- IFLR1000’s 2018 Financial and Corporate Guide rated Daryn as a Highly Regarded Lawyer for Restructuring and Insolvency, Energy and Infrastructure, Project Development, Banking, Project Finance and M&A.
- Recognised by Best Lawyers 2017 for Banking and Finance Law
- Chambers and Partners 2017 ranked Daryn in Band 1 for Projects and Energy and in Band 4 Africa-wide for Projects & Energy.
- Daryn is a recommended lawyer in Legal 500 2017.
- Daryn Webb is a leading lawyer in the IFLR1000 2016.
- Daryn has been recognised in project finance by the International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers and Chambers Global, and in 2010 received the South African ILO Client Choice award for banking.
Daryn Webb is highlighted for his activity on power plant developments and for the quality of his project finance knowledge. He is described by one commentator as “the best in the business.” He is also well known for his work with public bodies.
Africa-wide: Project finance head Daryn Webb specialises in project and infrastructure matters. He has experience assisting the South African government with IPP procurement programmes. He is based in Johannesburg.” – Chambers and Partners 2017
“Peers note that Daryn Webb “has been around a long time and is a very practical and reasonable lawyer.” His experience includes gas-fired and renewable energy power plants, and he is well known for his work with public bodies.” – Chambers and Partners 2016