David Anderson is a partner in our Johannesburg office Corporate Department.
His broad experience covers corporate finance, public mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, IPOs, demergers, private acquisitions and disposals, private equity transactions and domestic and international banking law. He acts for a number of South African and international banks and multinational organisations in relation to a full range of corporate law matters.
David managed Bowmans’ London office for a period of 10 years and has extensive experience of working on cross-border transactions.
He has BA and LLB degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand and is qualified as an attorney in South Africa and as a solicitor in England and Wales.
David has recently advised:
- Shanduka Group and certain of its shareholders including Standard Bank and Cyril Ramaphosa in relation to merger with Pembani Group (deal size R15 billion).
- Bayport in relation to its partial merger with Transaction Capital (listed on the JSE) (deal size R1.5 billion).
- Teraco Data Environments as well as all of its shareholders, including the International Finance Corporation in relation to the sale of Teraco to Pemira (deal size R1 billion plus).
- Easigas in relation to its merger with Reatile (deal size R1 billion plus).
- China International Marine Containers (PRC) on the acquisition of certain South African assets and the establishment of its South African operations.
- Shanduka Telecommunications in relation to the sale of its stake in MTN Nigeria to Heritage Capital and the PIC (deal size R3 billion).
- Kores in relation to the acquisition of certain South African coal assets (deal size undisclosed).
- Syntell and its shareholders in relation to a transaction with Hosken Consolidated Investments (deal size undisclosed).
- Syntell and its shareholders in relation to a transaction with EOH (deal size undisclosed).
- Investec Asset Management, Sanlam and Nedbank in relation to the restructuring of notes issued by a leading South African retailer (deal size R750m plus).
- Cell C in relation to its proposed debt restructuring and fresh equity subscription (deal size undisclosed but significant).
- David has been recognised as a leading lawyer in the IFLR1000 and Legal 500.