- Publications & Insights
John Brand is a consultant in employment and alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
He specialises in dispute resolution and the training of negotiators, mediators and arbitrators. Some areas of practice include dispute systems design, drafting dispute resolution clauses and agreements, mediation and arbitration.
John is a member of the advisory board of the African Centre for Dispute Settlement at Stellenbosch University and is on the executive committee of the National Dispute Settlement Practitioners Council. He is a Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR UK) accredited mediator, an International Mediation Institute (IMI) certified mediator and also serves as a member on the IMI’s Independent Standards Commission.
He has BA and LLB degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Recognised by Best Lawyers 2017 for Arbitration and Mediation.
- Chambers and Partners 2017 noted John as a ‘Senior Statesmen’ for Dispute Resolution and Employment.
‘John Brand is a hugely experienced figure in this sector and widely recognised for his excellent reputation in ADR. He regularly advises clients on significant employment arbitrations and has impressive knowledge of international matters.’ – Chambers and Partners 2017
Publications & Insights
- Collective effort and culture change can curb violent strikes
- Unpacking the New Agreement on Collective Bargaining and Strikes
- Conference could help SA catch up with dispute resolution practices in the rest of the world
- Implications and ramifications of Zimbabwe/SA agreement on investment protection
- SA High Court obliges lawyers to recommend mediation