- Publications & Insights
Joshua Janks is a partner in our Cape Town office’s Corporate Department.
He specialises in mergers and acquisitions, banking and finance, private equity and general corporate and commercial law. Joshua advises on public and private mergers and acquisitions, finance transactions, fund formations, and various other corporate and commercial matters. His private equity practice covers all aspects of private equity work, including fund formations and acquisitions and extends to the venture capital space.
He has B.Com and LLB (cum laude) degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Advising Old Mutual Alternative Investments and the Housing Impact Fund South Africa on various property developments including Azaadville, Crystal Parks, Kirkney, Orchards, and Space Securitisation SPV.
- Advising Old Mutual Alternative Investments and the Schools Investment Fund on various schools developments, including the property acquisitions and finance, including in relation to Edugro, St Christopher, and MSC.
- Advising Old Mutual Property on its investment in the Two Rivers Development in Kenya.
- Advising various lenders and borrowers on debt raising activities.
- Advising the lenders and developers of the Woodstock Quarter Property Development.
- Advising Investec Africa Private Equity Fund 2, L.P on various acquisitions in South Africa and Mauritius.
- Advising RMB Westport on its African real estate development fund and acquisitions of assets, including the acquisition of the Osapa-Lekki mall.
- Advising Gateway Delta and its management on the structuring of its pan African real estate investment vehicle, and advising the vehicle on its acquisitions and investments in Morocco and Uganda.
- Advising 4Di Capital on the structuring of its first and second venture capital fund and related acquisitions.
- Advising Agri-Vie on the structuring and raising of its second agri-focused private equity fund.
- Advising various venture capital companies on raising s12J venture capital funds including Knife Capital’s KNF Ventures and Sanari Capital.
- Advising Inspired Evolution on its second energy focused fund.