- Publications & Insights
Simone Esch is a senior tax advisor in our Cape Town office Tax Practice.
She advises corporates and individuals on domestic and international tax issues and specialises in cross-border transactions and the structuring of investment funds both locally and offshore.
During her career she has worked at PricewaterhouseCoopers’ Johannesburg, New York and Cayman Islands offices and subsequently at the London Listed Close Brothers Group.
Simone has a B.Com Hons from the University of Pretoria and a Higher Diploma in Taxation from the International Tax and Finance Institute (member of Thomas Jefferson School of Law). She is a qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Advising on the establishment and implementation of tax efficient international private equity fund structures
- Advising managers and founders of local and cross border investment funds on local employees’ tax matters, including various aspects of South African and offshore employee incentive schemes
- Assisting clients with the establishment and ongoing implementation of South African and offshore investment structures in the appropriate jurisdictions for purposes of expanding their international business operations, growing personal wealth or planning for future generations. In this context, advising on the impact of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development’s Common Reporting Standard and disclosure requirements for settlors, funders and trust beneficiaries.
- Assisting clients to regularise their tax and exchange control affairs with the South African Revenue Service and the South African Reserve Bank through the various voluntary disclosure programmes provided by these authorities.
- Providing tax advice in respect of expansion and restructure of corporate groups, structured finance and acquisitions including transfer pricing and thin capitalization.