- Publications & Insights
Terry Mwango is a partner in our Nairobi office.
She specialises in litigation, and arbitration and alternative dispute resolution. She represents a diverse portfolio of local and international clients before various courts and tribunals in commercial disputes involving a range of specialist practice areas, some of which are intellectual property, media and competition, defamation, banking and finance (insolvency and receivership), defamation, building and construction, environment, land and property, employment, product liability, medical negligence, judicial review, administrative law and constitutional law, public procurement, insurance and tax law. .
She has BA and LLB degrees from the University of Notre Dame, Australia, a Graduate Diploma in Law from the College of Law, Sydney, Australia, and a Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law. She is qualified to practice as a solicitor in Australia (NSW) and an advocate in Kenya.
- Acting for various multinational corporations in intellectual property disputes in the High Court, Court of Appeal and tribunals.
- Acting for the directors of a bank in receivership, in various suits in the High Court, that will set precedent on receiverships in Kenya.
- Acting for Lufthansa Service Europa/Afrika GmbH & LSG Kenya Limited in two suits both of which will set precedent in Kenya in relation to inter alia, the ability of Advocates to claim copyright over commissioned works.
- Acting for Mare Nostrum Limited in relation to a multi-million shilling building and construction arbitration dispute over the construction of a resort at the Kenyan coast.
- Acting for a leading multinational telecommunications company in relation to a precedent-setting image rights and privacy rights case.
- Acted for and successfully defended 5 cases filed against REA Trading Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales, in respect of its bid to acquire all the ordinary shares of REA Vipingo Plantations Limited which were not already legally owned by it.
- Acted for Grain Bulk Handlers Limited in a precedent-setting case brought under section 14 of the Arbitration Act, 1995; in relation to a multi-million dollar arbitration claim. The claim was successful.