Tholinhlanhla (Tholi) Gcabashe is a partner in our Johannesburg office Corporate/M&A Department.
He specialises in domestic and cross-border private mergers and acquisitions and general corporate and commercial matters, and has also been part of many high-profile M&A transactions in South Africa’s telecommunications, insurance, investment and property industries.
Tholi has an LLB from the University KwaZulu-Natal and a Certificate in Banking and Financial Markets from the University of the Witwatersrand
Tholi has been part of many high profile mergers and acquisitions transactions including:
- Advising SABMiller in the recommended acquisition by Anheuser-Busch InBev of the entire issued and to be issued share capital of SABMiller;
- Advising China Investment Corporation on its acquisition of a 25% interest in Shanduka Group;
- Advising Puma Energy on its acquisition of a majority shareholding interest in Sakunda Petroleum in Zimbabwe;
- Advising Fountainhead Property Trust on its disposal of all of its assets and liabilities to Redefine;
- Advising on the M&A aspects of Alexander Forbes’s dual track (M&A and IPO) process which resulted in Alexander Forbes listing on the JSE;
- Advising VSNL SNO SPV, an affiliate of Tata Communications, on the disposal of shares in, and shareholder loan claims, against Neotel to Vodacom;
- Advising Apollo Global, Inc. in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Milpark Education Proprietary Limited.