- Publications & Insights
Tim Gordon-Grant is the senior litigation partner in our Johannesburg office Litigation Practice.
He provides strategic advice in liability situations, predominantly in the fields of corporate, commercial, banking, insurance and insolvency law and acts for various large corporate clients on significant matters, many of which involve high-profile public hearings and arbitrations. He and his team conduct litigation and arbitration matters. He also acts as a commercial mediator.
He has BA and LLB degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand and is a CEDR qualified mediator.
- He has successfully run numerous court cases and arbitrations on behalf of major corporate clients of Bowmans.
- He has acted as mediator in a number of successful commercial mediations, more notably a recent settlement reached between Alexander Forbes and Price Forbes.
- He is currently the lead lawyer for litigation and arbitration matters valued, in aggregate, in excess of R20 billion.
- He recently led the team which drafted and finalised the settlement of R1.2 billion of all the Gautrain arbitration and litigation disputes.
- He is frequently called upon to advise boards of companies and, more recently, the board of the Discovery Medical Scheme.
- He represents the largest gas supply company listed on the JSE
- Chambers & Partners ranked Tim in Band 1 for Dispute Resolution in both 2016 and 2017
- Legal 500 ranked Tim as a “leading lawyer” for Dispute Resolution in 2017.
- Best Lawyers listed Tim as “lawyer of the year” for Litigation and as “best lawyer” for Arbitration, Mediation and Litigation in 2015 and 2017.
Clients commend Tim Gordon-Grant for his strategic approach and his specialist expertise in commercial litigation. One source says: “He is an extraordinary lawyer and one of the best strategic thinkers that I have come across.” – Chambers and Partners 2017
Tim Gordon-Grant has a tremendous reputation – Legal 500 2016
Sources say of Tim Gordon-Grant: “He always goes out of his way to help his clients.” He represents large corporate clients and has expertise in corporate recoveries, insurance and insolvency law. – Chambers and Partners 2016