Timothy McDougall is a partner in our Johannesburg office Corporate Department and a member of the M&A practice.
He specialises in private equity mergers and acquisitions and is also experienced in matters relating to general corporate and commercial law. Timothy assists both local and international clients on, among other things, compliance with South African company legislation, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, due diligence and shareholder relations.
Timothy has BA and LLB (cum laude) degrees from Rhodes University. He has also completed a Foundation Course on Private Equity and Venture Capital at the Gordon Institute of Business Science.
- Assisted Standard Chartered Private Equity in its acquisition of a 13% stake in Choppies Enterprises and subsequently assisted Choppies Supermarkets South Africa Proprietary Limited in its acquisition of 21 retail outlets in South Africa from Jwayelani Retail Proprietary Limited.
- Assisted Phatisa’s African Agricultural Fund in its investment into Torre Equipment Africa Limited (a pan-African equipment distributor and subsidiary of the JSE listed Torre Industries Limited).
- Assisted Rockwood Private Equity with its R5.3 billion disposal of Tsebo Holdings Proprietary Limited to Wendel SE.
- Assisted Convergence Partners with an investment into Vumatel Proprietary Limited and Dark Fibre Africa Proprietary Limited.
- Assisting Capitalworks on its acquisition of Aon plc’s shareholding in its African insurance brokerage and employee benefit operations in Angola, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.