- Publications & Insights
Tina Terblanche is a Senior Associate in the Public Law and Regulatory Department and practices in administrative and general regulatory law, public procurement and public law litigation. She also advises on mining, energy, environmental and health and safety law.
Tina advises clients in the energy sector, including public entities such as Eskom and the Department of Energy.
Tina obtained her LLB degree (cum laude) at the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. She holds a Certificate of Competence in Advanced Administrative Law and is currently studying towards her LLM at the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Advising the South African National Treasury and the Department of Energy in running the independent power producer procurement process for renewable energy on aspects of the procurement process documents and the evaluation of bids.
- Acting for the Airports Company of South Africa SOC Ltd (ACSA) in defending interim interdict proceedings brought against it by an unsuccessful tenderer for a licence to provide security services at ACSA-operated airports.
- Advising the World Bank Group on the institutional and governance structure of its proposed partial credit guarantee scheme in the South African context.
- Advising the Road Traffic Infringement Agency (RTIA) on the liability of juristic persons for driver-related road traffic infringements and recommended changes to the existing regulatory framework to distinguish between driver- and operator-related infringements.
- Advising the RTIA on the compliance of its Standard Operating Procedure for Adjudications with administrative law principles and the governing legislation. The Standard Operating Procedure contains guidelines for representations officers when deciding on representations made by alleged infringers in terms of Section 18 of the Administrative Adjudication of Road Traffic Offences Act 46 of 1998.
- Acting for Gidani (Pty) Ltd, the operator of the second national lottery licence, in its challenge of the Minister of Trade and Industry’s decision to appoint Ithuba Holdings (Pty) Ltd as the preferred bidder, and award the third national lottery licence to it, following the tender process for the third national lotteries licence.