- Publications & Insights
Wally Horak advises on a wide spectrum of tax law, including international tax, with special emphasis on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, financing, transfer pricing, exchange control and expatriate secondments; local corporate tax, including advising on the tax efficient structuring of mergers and acquisitions, the structuring of private equity funds, tax efficient financing structures, tax efficient share schemes, etc.
Furthermore, Wally advises on the tax and exchange control implications of investing in or trading with other African countries, in close co-operation with Bowmans’ offices across Africa.
- Advice to OMSFIN re the tax treatment of preference share funding and derivatives
- Advice to Invicta on a tax dispute
- Advice to Coronation on tax dispute
- Advice to the Titan Group on tax disputes
- Advice to African Rainbow Capital re share scheme
- Advice to Macquarie Bank re stock lending transactions
- Advice to Clifford Chance on the establishment of Mubadala Infrastructure Fund
- Advice to Agri-Vie on the establishment of Agri-Vie Fund II
- Advice to Sanlam on cross border transactions
- Advice to IBM on funding transactions in various African countries
- Advice to BNPP on tax warranties and indemnities
- Advice to Ethos on the tax implications of fund structures
- Advice to Prima Toys on international expansion
- Advice to Clicks on the restructure of its group
- Advice to the Jumo Group on mobile banking operations in various African countries
- Advice to various clients on the tax and exchange control amnesty
• Chambers and Partners 2015 and 2016 ranked Wally in Band 1 for tax. He is also ranked as “leading lawyer” for tax by The Legal 500 2015.