We offer pupillage to lawyers aspiring to complete their training as Kenyan advocates. To be considered for pupillage, you must:
- at the time of making the application for pupillage, have been admitted to the Advocates Training Programme at the Kenya School of Law (KSL) in its current academic year (please contact KSL for further details regarding admission requirements)
- hold an LLB degree from a Kenyan or foreign university with no less than an upper second class honours, with distinctions in all commercial law subjects
- hold a KCSE Certificate (or equivalent) with A or A- and an A grade in Mathematics, English and Biology, Physics or Chemistry
- hold a KCPE Certificate (or equivalent) with A or A- and an A grade in Mathematics, English and Science.
This pupillage programme runs for one calendar year, commencing in January of each year. Pupils will be required to attend our offices on a full-time basis.
Pupillage interviews are conducted in August of every year. All applications must be received on or before 31 March 2018. The pupillage interview process is rigorous and includes a combination of oral and written tests.
Applications for pupillage should contain the following:
- A cover letter
- Your current CV highlighting any relevant work experience and extracurricular activities
- Copies of certificates and transcripts
- A personal statement of no more than 800 words, stating why you are best suited for a pupillage position with us
All applications for pupillage should be addressed and sent to:
Coulson Harney LLP
PO Box 10643 – 00100