We are recognised as leading advisers on banking and financial services regulatory matters in Africa and as market leaders in innovation, documentation standards and best practice. Our skills, experience and good relationships with regulators enable us to handle complex and time-critical mandates.
Our full-service team helps our clients to understand and navigate the ‘rules of the game’ for their participation in the financial services environment, and for the financial products they create and sell in the market.
We offer legal advice on all aspects of the regulation of banks, financial institutions and foreign and domestic financial services providers, and we have well-established relationships with the regulators in a number of African jurisdictions.
Who’s Who Legal has recognised us as leading lawyers in Banking and Regulatory, and Pensions and Benefits for the past two consecutive years.
We advise the full spectrum of financial institutions, including central, investment and commercial banks, insurers, collective investment schemes, hedge funds, financial services providers and asset managers, pension funds, medical schemes and regulators.
Our areas of specialisation include:
- Banking regulation and exchange control
- Insurance regulation
- Anti-money laundering and payment services regulation
- Financial markets regulation
- Credit regulation and consumer protection
- Formation and licensing of financial services businesses
- Structuring of financial services and products
- Regulatory compliance
- Regulator engagement
- Corporate activity involving regulated entities
- Pensions law
- Healthcare finance and medical insurance
- Impact investment, including social impact bonds