WEBINAR: IN CONVERSATION WITH OUR INSURANCE REGULATORS
- Date: Tuesday, July 12, 2022
- Time: 12:00 - 13:00
- Venue: Online Platform: Zoom
On Tuesday, 12 July 2022, we hosted our first webinar in a series titled ‘In conversation with our regulators’.
The first conversation was held with Mr Dhanesswurnath Thakoor, chief executive of the Financial Services Commission (FSC) in Mauritius.
Mr Thakoor represents the FSC on a number of international regulatory bodies and committees including:
- the International Organisation of Securities Commissions;
- the International Association of Insurers Supervisors;
- the International Organisation of Pension Supervisors;
- the Southern African Development Community; and
- the Committee of Insurance, Securities and Non- Banking Financial Authorities.
Mr Thakoor has over 25 years of central banking experience and under his leadership, the FSC completed the relevant action items to ensure the exit of Mauritius from the FATF grey-list in October 2021. He has a Masters’ Degree in Information Technology, Electronics and Systems Automation from Polytech Lille - France (Ex Ecole Universitaire d’Ingénieurs de Lille) and an MBA in Finance.
The discussion was facilitated by Shianee Calcutteea, partner in our Mauritius practice.
Click here for a recording of the webinar.
- Contact Person: Buhle Nhlangulela
- T: +27 11 669 9451
- E: email@example.com