AFRICA COMPETITION LAW SEMINAR, FEBRUARY 2018
National and regional competition law regulators in East and Southern Africa are broadening, strengthening and clarifying their competition law frameworks and, importantly, acting to enforce these.
In panel discussions at our annual Africa Competition Law Seminar for 2018, which was held on 15 February 2018, regulators from across the region outlined their competition focus areas and priorities, especially for dealing with prohibited practices and investigations. Discussions extended to identifying changes in competition legislation and the assessment of public interest.
- Saving jobs is a priority for African competition authorities
- Investors warned over agreements that divide markets in East and Southern Africa
- Investors need to know where Government stands on public interest issues in SA mergers
- Five competition law risks and challenges facing South African companies in 2018
- South African Competition Commission’s proposed guidelines on penalties for failure to notify a merger – some predictability, some uncertainty
- 2018 Guide to Competition Law in Africa