AUTOMATION OF PROCESSES AT THE COMPANIES REGISTRY
Following the notice from the Registrar of Companies in relation to the automation/digitization of the entire Companies Registry filing system and Companies Registry procedures, please note that with effect from 15 October 2017 all registered businesses (Companies, sole-proprietorships and partnerships) will no longer be making statutory filings manually.
In light of this, the Companies Registry has begun an exercise dubbed link/claim a business, where registered businesses are mandatorily required to link their business to the online Companies Registry platform (E-Citizen) to facilitate verification of the business details by the Registrar of Companies.
In compliance with the Registrar’s directive, we will require the following documentation and/or information of the Company, each of the Directors and Shareholders of all Companies and businesses registered at the Companies Registry so as to enable us to assist in linking your businesses to E-Citizen:
- a copy of National ID/Alien ID/Passport for each Director and Shareholder;
- a copy of KRA PIN Certificate for each Director and Shareholder;
- in the case of a corporation, a copy of the Certificate of Registration;
- email address for the Company, each Director and Shareholder;
- telephone number for the Company, each Director and Shareholder;
- postal address and postal code for the Company, each Director and Shareholder; and
- residential address (including name of building, plot no., name of estate, house number and street/road/avenue) for the Company, each Director and Shareholder.
Please let us have the above documents and/or information in relation to your company/ business. We will be reaching out to all our Company Secretarial clients to follow up specific request.
Once we have the above documents and/or information, we as your Company Secretary, will proceed to:
- link/ claim the business on E-Citizen;
- update the details of the Directors and Shareholders;
- follow up with the Registrar of Companies for verification and approval of the business; and
- give access to any other appointed company official of your choice.
Please note that it is only after the Registrar’s verification and approval of the business that one can make statutory filings on the online Companies Registry platform (E-Citizen). We therefore anticipate that during this transition, there will be delays and interruptions to Company Registry services.
For further assistance please contact Head of Competition, Joyce Karanja-Ng'ang'a, or your relationship partner at Bowmans Kenya.