COVID-19: MEASURES TAKEN BY THE MRA DUE TO LOCKDOWN IN MAURITIUS
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Facilities for the electronic submission of tax returns and electronic payment of any tax due are available on mra.mu.
- Taxpayers who are unable to submit returns or effect payment of tax due to the lockdown will not be charged any penalty or interest for late submission/ payment.
- The head-office of the MRA at Ehram Court, Cnr S. Virgil Naz & Mgr GoninVStreets, Port-Louis, is closed to the public. Queries may be emailed to email@example.com. A team of MRA officers is working from home to ensure a smooth running of the various services.
- The core services of the MRA Customs are operational with a skeleton staff, to enable the clearance of goods and outgoing passengers.
- Facilities for the electronic submission of Customs Declarations, including electronic payment of duties and taxes, are available on the Customs Management System.
- Information regarding specific services offered by the MRA Customs can be obtained by contacting the Duty Officer on 5 259 6950 and queries regarding alcoholic products may be addressed to the Excise Section of the MRA Customs by calling on 5 778 2220.
- All other queries regarding MRA customs services must be emailed on: firstname.lastname@example.org