EMPLOYMENT AND BENEFITS: WORKING ACROSS AFRICA
Corporates are increasingly expanding into different jurisdictions on the African continent, raising interesting challenges from a people perspective. We held a panel discussion on 6 September 2017 addressing the topic: Working across Africa. The discussion was facilitated by Chris Todd, partner and head of our Employment and Benefits Practice. The panellists, who are all partners from our various offices, discussed labour legislation and employment challenges in their countries. They included:
- Audax Kameja - Tanzania
- Ernest Wiltshire - Uganda
- Helen Wilsenach - South Africa
- Lusanda Raphulu - South Africa
- Sean Omondi - Kenya
- Talita Laubscher - South Africa
- A series of videos addressing different aspects of employment across the continent:
- An introduction to the seminar and the key takeout from each panellist.
- The key considerations that must be taken into account when securing work permits for expat executives.
- The most appropriate employment contractual arrangements for seconded employees.
- An indication of the enforceability of restraint of trade clauses.
- Employer duties to report criminal conduct or corrupt practices by staff.