Andrew Pike, Mark van Velden and Norma Wheeler wrote the South Africa chapter of Getting the Deal Through: Ports & Terminals 2018, which provides a comprehensive overview of legislation and regulation affecting these crucial links of the global economy. The topics covered include:
- information on key ports in major jurisdictions;
- port construction, development, and operation;
- state policies and legislative frameworks for port development and reform, including public procurement and PPP legislation;
- relevant regulatory authorities and their powers;
- competition regulations;
- tariffs; and
- contractual disputes and remedies.