Adam is a partner in our Dispute Resolution Department and a member of the Litigation Practice.
He is a board member of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa. Adam is a Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDER UK) accredited mediator, as well as a Commissioner of the Small Claims Court.
Adam specialises in dispute resolution and leads a large team of litigation lawyers with varying degrees of experience and expertise. His expertise extends from banking and corporate litigation to insurance, mining, construction, contractual and general litigation disputes. He has been involved in significant commercial disputes, including litigious insurance cases which have involved many of the large insurance houses.
In addition to his technical legal skills, Adam’s strengths involve the mitigation of litigation risk, which enables him to provide strategic dispute advice with particular focus on dispute system design.
He has a BA and LLB degree from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Acting for a South African company listed on the London Stock Exchange in defending an urgent application brought to enforce a large service orientated contract;
- Acting for a major financial institution in negotiating a settlement of a dispute with the Central Securities Depository;
- Acting for shareholders in the forced removal of a director and chief executive officer of an entity listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange;
- Acting for a registered entity in its application to the National Consumer Tribunal to set aside a compliance notice issued against it by the National Consumer Commission in relation to auctions; and
- Acting for the defendant in the largest class action claim brought in South African history.