- Publications & Insights
Adele de Jager is an executive in the Corporate department and a member of the Johannesburg office Tax practice.
Adele specialises in general corporate tax, M&A and mining-related tax. She is a Chartered Accountant (SA) with tax experience in excess of 17 years. She has a specific interest in the mining sector and have advised, amongst others, United Manganese of Kalahari, Anglo American Operations and Goldfields.
In the corporate and financial sectors, she has advised Tsebo Solutions Group, Carlyle, Atlas Copco and African Rainbow Capital, amongst others.
Adele has a B.Com Accounting Honours and a M Com Taxation degree from the University of Pretoria. She is a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) and is a registered tax practitioner.
- Advised Tsebo Solutions Group in relation to the acquisition of Tsebo by Wendel and CIPEF, which entailed vendor due diligence assistance, deal structuring, post deal implementation and management incentive schemes, amongst others.
- Assisted Carlyle with buy-side due diligence assistance and tax structuring advice in relation to the acquisition of Tiger Wheel and Tyre in 2015.
- Assisted Carlyle with buy-side due diligence assistance and tax structuring advice in relation to the acquisition of Amrod in 2016 and Wizard in 2017.
- Advised Atlas Copco in relation to their Group restructuring.
- Provided United Manganese of Kalahari (“UMK”) with royalty tax assistance, which included inter alia assistance with the declaratory application to SARS.
- Advised a confidential client in relation to various matters relating to the restructure of businesses which included restructuring of unit trusts, private equity assets, calculation of funds flow, etc.
- Provided vendor tax assistance to Anglo American Operations in relation to the anticipated disposal of its coal mines.
- Advised Anglo American Operations with regards to obtaining access to rehabilitation trust funds to conduct rehabilitation.
- Advised African Rainbow Capital on various matters relating to tax structuring alternatives.
Publications & Insights
- South Africa: Diesel refunds – to claim or not to claim
- South Africa: Tax Due Diligence – An assessment of exposure risk and opportunity risk
- South Africa: Alternative financing arrangements in the mining sector
- Dreadful tax clarification for the contract mining industry
- South Africa – Supplementary Budget contains no specific tax reforms
- COVID-19: A strategy for compliance ahead of the expected collections drive by SARS
- Diesel refunds must be paid out by SARS
- COVID-19: What it means for tax in the mining industry
- COVID 19: Tax risk management – strategic compliance reviews
- Hope for clarity on the tax challenges facing the mining