Aloise Spangenberg is a Forensic Investigator in the Dispute Resolution Department and a member of the Corporate Investigations Practice.
She joined Bowmans as a Forensic Investigator in 2019, having previously worked as a consultant for the Firm since 2018. She is an associate member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) SA Chapter.
She has a BCom Forensic Accountancy degree as well as a BCom (Hons) in Forensic Accountancy from the North-West University.
Aloise’s experience of 3+ years makes her level “Associate” as per the AGSA fee structure.
Some of the investigations Aloise has been involved in include:
- Currently part of a team investigating possible contraventions of Exchange Control Regulations by a large group of international companies, where multiple jurisdictions are involved.
- Forensic investigation into various allegations of fraud and corruption, relating to the employees and suppliers at a large government institution.
- Investigation relating to allegations with regards to fraud, procurement irregularities, irregular/fraudulent invoicing, favouritism and conflict(s) of interest between executives and service providers of a large mobile operator.
- Part of a team investigating one of the country’s largest pyramid schemes.
- Conducting asset verifications on behalf of one of the largest tertiary institutions.
Determining whether due diligence was followed in the identification and evaluation of assets that form part of a sale transaction at a large mobile operator.Her forensic experience includes inter alia:
- Performing background searches in terms of financial -, directors -, company -, and social media information and compiling profiling reports based on the information obtained;
- Electronic evidence interrogation using E-discovery platforms Summation, EDT and dtSearch;
- Analysing payment information as well as compiling summaries based on findings;
- Performing physical fixed asset verification (including the investigation of asset registers, vehicle tracker records, as well as gathering of the applicable information.);
- Analysing bank statements;
- Compilation of exhibit files for reporting purposes; and
- Data capturing.
- Associate member of the ACFE SA Chapter; and
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society.