- Publications & Insights
Angela is an associate in our Nairobi office and a member of the Intellectual Property, Technology, Media and Telecommunications practice group.
Angela specialises in intellectual property law, copyright law, cyber law and commercial aspects of intellectual property and technology law.
Angela has previous working experience managing copyright works and corresponding with regulators in the sector such as the Kenya Copyright Board (KECOBO) and the Music Copyright Society of Kenya (MCSK).
She has a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from Strathmore University and a Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
- Assisted in advising Facebook, Inc. on the legal and regulatory implications of the Kenya Information and Communication (Amendment) Bill, 2019.
- Assisted and advised on an alternative dispute resolution process (ADRP) claim for one of the largest webhosting companies in the world in relation to an abusively registered domain name.
- Assisted in advising Google LLC on the legal framework surrounding export control requirements in Kenya.
- Assisted in advising Google LLC on the regulatory framework around various fintech products in Kenya.
- Assisted in managing the trademarks portfolio for Mjengo Limited, one of the biggest FMCG companies in Kenya.
Publications & Insights
- Developments From The Communication Authority Of Kenya Since March 2020
- Patent or Trade Secrets: Which offers better protection?
- What new digital taxes contemplated in the Finance Act mean for Digital Trade and Services in Kenya
- CA sets the stage for efficient spectrum usage in Kenya
- Cybersecurity in the payment service space
- Kenya continues to make gains in the Global Innovation Index