- Publications & Insights
Ariana Issaias is a lawyer in our Nairobi office and a member of the IP & Technology team.
Ariana specialises in commercial contracts, distribution, franchising and licensing, intellectual property (including brand portfolio enforcement), e-commerce, software development and collaboration. She has a good proficiency in French, Italian, Greek and a basic but able knowledge of Spanish.
She assists clients with regulatory and enforcement advice and has worked extensively with clients in business and product transfers and dealing with the applicable registries to record and complete such transfers. Her specialist knowledge of distribution and licensing frameworks and IP exploitation, both intragroup and external, in technology, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, hospitality, retail, media, agricultural and service sectors is notable.
Ariana is a key member of our Data Protection Taskforce and has been at the fore of the developments of data protection and privacy in Kenya and has considerable experience in advising both local and international clients.
Ariana holds a LLB 2:1 (Hons) from the Manchester University and LPC Distinction BPP from the School of Law in London.
Publications & Insights
- East Africa Quarterly and Monthly Newsletter
- Public Participation on the draft Data Protection Regulations
- Kenya: Termination of franchise agreements for failure to uphold operational standards permitted
- Chambers ‘Fintech 2021’ Global Practice Guide
- Taxation of Intellectual Property in Kenya
- Data Protection in Kenya: New developments
- East Africa Quarterly Newsletter
- Welcoming the appointment of Kenya’s first Data Commissioner
- COVID-19: NOW OPEN: Managing a workplace during a pandemic – data protection considerations.
- Kenya’s Senate Introduces the Startup Bill 2020
- Developments on the Appointment of the Data Commissioner
- The Central Bank of Kenya (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- Data Protection Update: Recruitment of a Data Commissioner begins
- COVID-19: Impact on Businesses and Investments in Kenya
- 13th International Data Privacy day
- Data Protection Act: Let’s talk about Consent
- Kenya Data Protection Act; Did You Know (Part 1)
- SNAPSHOT: Analysis of the Data Protection Act 2019
- Kenya passes its first Data Protection Act
- The Extra-territorial effect of the EU General Data Protection Regulation: There’s No Getting Away From It
- Taskforce to finalise Data Protection Bill after reviewing all public comments
- Parallel imports remain a grey area for IP rights in East Africa
- Intellectual Property comes to the fore in East Africa