Ashleigh is an associate in our Corporate Department in our Cape Town office and is a member of the Telecommunications Media and Technology (TMT) sector.
Ashleigh has experience in advising international and local clients regarding various technology, telecommunications, and intellectual property transactions. This includes, inter alia, software licensing, development, implementation, software as a service and other related IT services, managed capacity services, indefeasible rights of use, telecommunication facilities leasing, IP assignments and IP licensing.
Ashleigh has been involved in several general corporate transactions, including share sales involving technology and telecommunications companies and businesses.
Ashleigh has a LLB (cum laude) degree from the University of Stellenbosch, is an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa and has passed the California State Bar exam.
- Undertaking due diligence investigations on and advising in relation to the transaction documents relating to technology, corporate and commercial matters generally including: (i) Ardagh Group S.A’s acquisition of CONSOL Holdings Proprietary Limited for an equity value of R10.1billion; (ii) the acquisition of South Africa’s largest carrier, cloud and vendor data center provider; (iii) the due diligence conducted in anticipation of the listing of Coca-cola Beverages Africa as a publicly traded company on the Amsterdam and Johannesburg stock exchange;
- Drafting and advising on software licenses and/or software as a service agreement for, inter alia, Rain Networks (Pty) Ltd; Different Technology (Pty) Ltd; and Bluebean Software (Pty) Ltd;
- Drafting and advising on transitional services agreements for clients such as MTN and aYo Holdings; and Sasol South Africa Limited;
- Drafting terms and conditions for Zara Retail (Pty) Ltd and Zara Home (Pty) Ltd;
- Reviewing and amending a sponsorship agreement for Guccio Gucci S.P.A for the sponsorship for a Zeitz Mocca exhibition; and
- Drafting a trademark license agreement for UK based company Gattaca PLC.