- Publications & Insights
Ayanda is an associate in the Employment & Benefits Practice Group of our Johannesburg Office.
He provides assistance to clients in a wide variety of disputes that arise in the context of the employment relationship, including disciplinary hearings, arbitrations at the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration, and litigation before the Labour Court, Labour Appeal Court or before a private arbitrator. He also advises clients on issues relating to retrenchments, transfers of businesses as a going concern and collective bargaining matters. His clients include state owned entities and large private corporations.
Ayanda holds an LLB from the University of Cape Town.
- Advising a large retailer on a retrenchment process that occurred in terms of section 189A.
- Litigating on behalf of a government institution in an automatically unfair dismissal claim before the Labour Court.
- Assisting in prosecuting an executive in disciplinary proceedings of a state-owned entity.
- Assisting a large distribution company in litigation proceedings before the Labour Court.
- Representing a state-owned company in misconduct proceedings before a private arbitrator.
- Defending a state-owned company in an unfair discrimination claim brought in terms of the Basic Conditions of Employment Act.