- Publications & Insights
Carmen Bradfield is a senior associate in our Johannesburg office and is a member of the Public Law and Regulatory Practice.
Carmen works on a wide range of regulatory matters including assisting in providing advice on the interpretation and application of statutes, High Court review applications in respect of decisions on regulatory matters, and general commercial advice.
She has a B.Com LLB from the University of Pretoria, where she was an honorary member of the Golden Key Society. Carmen has a Certificate of Competence in Climate Change Law from the Mandela Institute, University of Witwatersrand. She was admitted as both an attorney and a notary in 2018.
- Carmen works on a wide range of regulatory matters including assisting with advice on the interpretation and application of a variety of statutes relating to environmental, climate change, mining, health and safety and procurement legislation, as well as general commercial matters. She is currently involved with High Court review applications, including reviewing decisions and awards relating to procurement matters.
- Carmen’s relevant experience also includes:
- Undertaking environmental, mining, and health and safety due diligences focused on legislative and regulatory compliance for different operations, including manufacturing, mining and industrial operations.
- Providing general regulatory advice to local and international corporations on compliance with environmental and health and safety laws in different operations.
- Advising on environmental and other regulatory issues in various commercial transactions across various sectors, including in the mining, industrial, consumer goods and renewable energy sectors.