- Publications & Insights
Catherine is an associate in our Dar es Salaam office. She specializes in tax and corporate matters. She also works on various projects in the mining, oil and gas, and the banking sector.
Catherine has a Masters in Arts and Revenue Law and Administration, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law School of Tanzania and a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the University of Dar es Salaam.
- Advising and representing brewery companies in their transfer pricing and value added tax (VAT) disputes with the Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA)
- Advising one of the leading telecommunication company in Tanzania in its transfer pricing transactions and other related tax matters such as value added tax, charitable status, and withholding tax on acquisition of bandwidth from undersea cables.
- Advising and representing the leading tobacco and tea companies in Tanzania in their transfer pricing disputes with the TRA.
- Advising and representing one of the telecom tower operators in their value added tax, pay as you earn and skills and development levy disputes.
- Advising and representing prominent banks in Tanzania in their tax disputes related to bad debts, impairment provisions, interest in suspense and chargeability of VAT on various bank fees and commissions.