- Publications & Insights
Cathy (Catherine) Truter is a lawyer in our Johannesburg office Corporate Department, heading up the Knowledge Management function for the Mergers and Acquisition Practice.
Before stepping into this role, she was a partner in the firm’s Corporate Department and a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice, focussing primarily on mergers and acquisitions, capital market transactions and general corporate law. She advises on public and private transactions, broad-based black economic empowerment transactions, restructurings, due diligence investigations and South African company law and has extensive experience managing cross-border African and international transactions. She also lived and worked in New York at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in the project finance space.
Most recently she was the project lead for the proof of concept and roll-out of an artificial intelligence, machine learning solution across the Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda offices of Bowmans.
She has a B.Sc from the University of Pretoria and an LLB from the University of the Witwatersrand.
BSc (Pretoria University)
LLB (Post Graduate) (University of the Witwatersrand)
Publications & Insights
- Technology-enabled M&A transactions – the material benefits
- COVID-19: impact on businesses and investments in South Africa
- COVID-19: Regulations in terms of the South African Disaster Management Act
- The Companies Amendment Bill, 2018: first draft for public comment
- Bowmans among the first in Africa’s legal market to invest in artificial intelligence