Chanelle is a senior associate in our Banking and Finance Department of our Cape Town and Stellenbosch offices and a member of the General Finance Practice. She is also an admitted notary.
She specialises in banking and finance law and has experience in general finance, preference share funding transactions, BEE financing, structured finance, secured and syndicated lending, project finance, as well as general corporate and commercial matters.
Chanelle has a BAccLLB degree from Stellenbosch University.
- Assisting with advice to African Rainbow Capital and Ubuntu-Botho Investments in respect of a ZAR 2 billion preference share facility which formed part of the larger ARC/ UBI/ Sanlam BEE transaction.
- Assisting with funding transactions and due diligences in respect of various renewable energy projects.
- Advising one of South Africa’s largest banks on the restructure and refinancing of its BEE transaction.
- Assisting with the refinance of an exisiting preference share structure for one of South Africa’s largest banks.
- Advising a prominent South African investment manager with several preference share funding transactions for acquisitions and projects.
- Chanelle has acted for funders and borrowers with some of her major clients including Standard Bank, ABSA, Old Mutual Specialised Finance, Tsogo Sun and African Rainbow Capital.