- Publications & Insights
Chibie Odimegwu is an Associate in the Private Equity Practice of our Corporate Department and is based in our Johannesburg office.
Chibie has experience working on a variety of mergers & acquisition and private equity transactions. Her experience includes advising clients on different aspects of domestic and cross-border transactions, drafting a variety of main transaction documents, conducting due diligence investigations, and attending to general corporate governance matters.
Chibie has a BCom degree and a LLB (cum laude) degree, both from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- Acted as local counsel for Maersk A/S, in relation to its acquisition of all of the shares in Senator International Spedition GmbH and Senator International Holding, LLC.
- Acted for Barloworld Transport Proprietary Limited, a subsidiary of Barloworld Limited, in relation to the sale of all of its shares in 3 of its subsidiaries to Bakers Transport Proprietary Limited, a subsidiary of Bakers SA Limited, one of the South Africa’s leading independent logistics companies.
- Assisted the leading fund and property manager in the affordable housing sector in Sub-Saharan Africa with the first closing of its multi-jurisdictional real estate investment fund.
- Acted as local counsel for a global provider of security products, services and software in the global restructuring of its group of companies.
- Acted for a major brewery in relation to the sale of all of its shares in one of its subsidiaries.