- Publications & Insights
Chloё Loubser is a senior associate in the Dispute Resolution Department of our Cape Town office and a member of the Employment and Benefits Practice.
She specialises in corporate advisory work, advising both local and international clients across a broad range of industries on various employment-related matters. She has experience in mergers and acquisitions, employment contracts, policies and procedures, consulting agreements and restraints of trade, dismissals and corporate retrenchments.
Chloё obtained a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Cape Town (magna cum laude) as well as a Bachelor of Social Sciences degree from the University of Cape Town.
- Assisted in advising a prominent international hotel group in relation to all employment law aspects of a transfer of a hotel business in Cape Town, South Africa. She has also been involved in advising another international hotel group in relation to corporate restructuring and retrenchments in South Africa.
- Assisted in advising a global quality assurance and risk management company in relation to its South African restructuring, focusing on the implications for employees.
- Assisted with advising numerous international clients in setting up business operations and employing their first employees in South Africa.
- Assisted in conducting due diligence exercises across a range of industries, including aviation, food distribution, leather and the agricultural industries.
Publications & Insights
- COVID-19: Amended Consolidated Direction on Occupational Health and Safety Measures sheds some light on employee vaccinations
- Collective Bargaining in the Context of Business Rescue Proceedings
- Avoid complacency in business rescue retrenchments
- Retrenchments in the context of business rescue proceedings: the impact of the moratorium on legal proceedings on employees’ rights under section 189A(13) of the LRA
- South Africa: Protection of Personal Information Act FAQs
- South Africa: New BCEA threshold and increase in national minimum wage
- COVID-19: Can an employer in South Africa force its employees to get vaccinated?
- COVID-19: Health data reporting by employers in South Africa – what you should know
- COVID-19: South African employers – secure Alert Level 1 compliance quickly and easily
- COVID-19: Additional obligations on South African employers in terms of the Revised Occupational Health and Safety Direction
- COVID-19: Compensation for workplace contracted COVID-19
- COVID-19: What to do if an employee displays or discloses COVID-19 symptoms or tests positive for the virus
- COVID-19: Must employees be paid during the lockdown in South Africa?
- Safeguarding the workplace from COVID-19: suggested preventative measures
- Safeguarding the workplace from COVID-19
- New parental leave entitlements in effect
- Unconstitutionality of RICA should not affect employers
- Conditional employment is a commercial reality
- Lexology: A structured guide to Fintech in South Africa
- Working beyond retirement age – implications for the employer
- COVID-19: Safe Return to Work Pack – ensuring compliance quickly and easily