- Publications & Insights
Christina Nduba Banja is a corporate partner in our Nairobi office.
Christina has extensive experience in all aspects of corporate practice including public and private M&A, debt and equity capital raisings in private and public markets including IPOs, corporate restructurings and private equity representing both target companies and funds. Christina has transactional experience across East Africa and has worked in South Africa and in the United Kingdom.
Christina’s recent deal experience includes advising WPP Plc in the disposal of the sub-Saharan Kantar business, acting for Naivas and its founding shareholders in the acquisition of a minority shareholding in Naivas Group and UAP Old Mutual Group in relation to the restructuring of their life insurance business.
Her past experience has included assisting in the landmark international criminal case concerning post-election violence in Kenya and attending the International Criminal Court as part of the defence team of General Hussein Ali.
Christina received her LLB from the University of South Africa where she graduated cum laude and a Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
- UAP Old Mutual Group in relation to the restructuring of their life insurance business through the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement;
- WPP Plc in relation to the Kenyan leg of the global sale of its TNS data analytics business;
- Mayfair Bank in relation to the acquisition of a majority stake in the bank by Commercial International Bank of Egypt;
- Bioline Agrosciences (InVivo Group) in relation to the acquisition of the Kenyan biocontrol company Dudutechfrom Flamingo Group International.
- Sanlam Investments Limited in relation to the sale of its asset management business to Pine Bridge Investments East Africa Limited.
- Montfort Holdings in relation to its acquisition of Kencor Petroleum Limited.
- Plum LLP, a significant shareholder in Britam Holdings Plc, a public company listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange Limited,, in relation to the private sale of shares in Britam to Swiss Re Asset Management Geneva S.A., Carouge;
- Britam in relation to the review of the operator agreements with Ascott International Management for the management of serviced apartments developed by Britam; and
- Inchcape Plc in relation to its acquisition of the Jaguar Land Rover automotive retail business in Kenya carried on by RMA Motors (Kenya) Limited, together with associated assets, through its subsidiary Inchcape Kenya Limited
- Farallon Capital Management, East African Development Bank and KCB Bank Kenya Limited, the long term lenders to Pan African Paper Mills (East Africa) Limited (In Receivership) (“PPM”) in the sale of PPM’s assets to Tarlochan Limited, a subsidiary of the Rai Group of companies.
- Advised Fidelity Commercial Bank and its shareholders on an acquisition by SBM Africa Holdings following liquidity issues.