- Publications & Insights
Clement Mkiva is a partner in our Johannesburg office Dispute Resolution Department.
He specialises in dispute resolution, in particular High Court litigation, private arbitration and mediation. His expertise extend to contractual disputes, administrative law, damages claims, class actions, shareholder disputes, interdicts, banking law, insolvency, evictions, construction disputes, employee benefits, property related disputes and mining litigation.
Clement has successfully assisted numerous clients in various fields, including mining houses, banks, telecommunications companies, pharmaceutical companies, provident funds, product manufacturers, health services companies, constitutional entities, municipal entities and parastatals.
He has an LLB from the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University.
- Representing one of the defendants in the largest class action claim brought in South African history.
- Represented a London/Johannesburg dual-listed coal mining house in a number of large commercial disputes.
- Representing a large broadcaster in private arbitration proceedings held under the auspices of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC).
- Representing a constitutional entity in various litigation proceedings, including review proceedings and interdict applications.
- Represented a listed gold mining house in a dispute relating to lifetime funding of the medical aid requirements of its employees.