Dane Solomon is a partner in our Johannesburg office working in our Mergers and Acquisitions Practice Group.
He specialises in mergers and acquisitions and general commercial and corporate matters. His experience relates to both listed and unlisted companies within South Africa as well as the rest of Africa, cross-border M&A transactions, equity capital markets transactions, and advising on general company law and corporate governance related matters.
In addition to his South African experience, Dane also has extensive experience working in Tanzania, specializing in mergers and acquisitions and general regulatory matters in the Tanzanian market. He spent six months working in our Dar es Salaam office in 2019 and still frequently travels to, and works from, that office to date.
During his career, Dane spent approximately 3 years advising Nestle South Africa as in-house legal counsel.
Dane has an LLB degree from the University of KwaZulu-Natal.
- Advising Tana Africa Capital, a private equity firm, in relation to its acquisition of a minority stake in Kensington Distillers & Vintners Group, an African premium drinks business focused on beverage manufacturing and distribution, with operations in various African countries.
- Advising Imperial Logistics on the acquisition of the Parcelninja business, an e-commerce logistics specialist business, through a multi-step transaction involving, amongst other things, the acquisition by a subsidiary of Imperial Logistics of all of the shares in the entity operating the ParcelNinja business, and the subsequent distribution of the ParcelNinja business as a distribution in specie to the Imperial Logistics subsidiary.
- Advising Chep in relation to its acquisition, through its subsidiary, Braecroft Timbers, of an enterprise from Paradise Falls Timber, which enterprise comprises, amongst other things, 32 plantations, and all of the standing trees and buildings on those plantations.
- Advising Link Market Services in relation to the disposal of its entire shareholding in Link Market Services South Africa, comprising 74.85% of the entire issued share capital of Link Market Services South Africa, to the JSE.
- Advising 1K1V, a private equity firm, in respect of its investment in Senqu Holdings, a Lesotho based company manufacturing and producing rosehip products.
- Advising 1K1V in relation to its acquisition of 26% of the shares in Higher ED Partners-South Africa LLC (incorporated in Texas).
- Advising Royal Investment Managers Proprietary Limited in relation to its investment in Visio Fund Management Proprietary Limited.
- Advising Integra Lifesciences Switzerland SARL in relation to its acquisition of a portion of the South African business of Johnson & Johnson Medical Proprietary Limited.
- Advising AUMS, the Tanzanian subsidiary of Australian listed mining services company, Perenti Global, on a Tanzanian local content transaction in terms of which, amongst other things, Geofields Tanzania Limited acquired a 20% shareholding in AUMS’ Tanzanian holding company.
- Advising Kibo Foods East Africa Limited (a Mauritian company) in relation to its acquisition of shares in Dough Works Limited (a Tanzanian company).
- Advising Rothschild South Africa in relation to its black economic empowerment transaction in terms of which Rothschild South Africa Foundation acquired 25,1% of the shares in Rothschild South Africa.
- Advising Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Limited, in relation to its acquisition of 100% of the shares in Shoden Data Systems Proprietary Limited and the subscription by Tactical Software Systems Proprietary Limited, a black economic empowerment partner, for a 12,55% interest in the acquiring company.
- Advising Bytes in relation to its acquisition, through Bytes Systems Integration Proprietary Limited, of 100% of the shares in Alliance Business Solutions Proprietary Limited.
- Advising GfK SE in relation to its acquisition, through its South African subsidiary GfK Retail and Technology South Africa Proprietary Limited, of the business of Global EDGE Marketing Consultants Proprietary Limited.
- Assisting Barloworld in the due diligence investigation in relation to its acquisition of the Bucyrus business carried on by Caterpillar and Eqstra in South Africa.