- Publications & Insights
Daniel Gantungo is a partner in our Kampala office.
Before joining the Firm, Daniel was a State Attorney in Uganda’s Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs/Attorney General’s Chamber. Daniel has also worked in the departments of Energy and Infrastructure; and Dispute Resolution of King & Wood Mallesons LLP (formerly SJ Berwin), London under the auspices the International Lawyers for Africa (ILFA) programme. He has also undertaken mini-pupillage training with Keating Chambers, London.
His work involves a broad range of commercial/ corporate advisory services in Energy, Oil and Gas, Mining, Mergers and Acquisitions, Taxation, Dispute resolution and other facets of investment and business consulting for both local and international clients.
He has a LLB from Makerere University and a LLM (Oil and Gas) from the University of Aberdeen.
- IFLR1000’s Financial and Corporate Guide rated Daniel as a Rising Star for M&A in 2018 and 2019 and as a Highly Regarded Lawyer in Uganda in 2020.
Publications & Insights
- Uganda: Court clarifies foreign partnerships registration requirements
- Uganda: Court dismisses a public interest suit against the Petroleum Authority of Uganda and two leading international oil companies
- Uganda: The National Climate Change Bill, 2020 – some take homes for corporates
- Uganda: Requirement to pay 30% of tax assessed before challenging an assessment declared unconstitutional
- Tax bills tabled in Uganda
- Fraud in land transactions
- Uganda M&A activity rises as politics settle and economy recovers