- Publications & Insights
Daniel Mwathe is a senior associate in our Nairobi office.
He specializes in intellectual property, regulatory & compliance and employment law. His experience has included advising on brand protection and trademark registration, general commercial IP advice, software acquisition agreements, e-commerce, data privacy, consumer protection, promotions and advertising matters.
Daniel has an LLB from Moi University, a Masters of Laws from the University of London and a Diploma from the Kenya School of Law. He is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and also a Certified Public Secretary.
- Advised and undertook a trademark filing project on behalf of UAP with respect to its various trademarks. Jurisdictions: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Mozambique, Angola, Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia, Ethiopia, Zimbabwe, Gabon, Cameroon, Senegal and DRC;
- Assisted in advising and undertaking trademark filing project on behalf of Chemi & Cotex with respect to its various trademarks. Jurisdictions: Kenya, Uganda, Burundi, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Zambia and Malawi;
- Advised Kansai Plascon Africa Ltd. (Kansai) in relation to their IP rights as a result of the acquisition of a 100% of Sadolin Paints.
- Advised Uber B.V. and Uber Kenya on various regulatory and compliance matters; and
- Advised Procter & Gamble on various regulatory and compliance matters.
Publications & Insights
- Kenya: National rights registry updates: Data re-entry on the KECOBO digital platform
- East Africa Quarterly Newsletter
- Foreign Electronic Certification Service Providers Now Recognised By The CA
- E-Signature Essentials
- High Court clarifies legal position on conflicting trademark and business name rights
- Highlights on proposed law introducing strict regulation of Social Media
- Trade mark infringement: when proof of actual confusion is necessary
- Pertinent legal issues in the protection of mobile apps