- Publications & Insights
Daryn Byron is an associate in our Johannesburg office’s Project Finance Department and forms part of the Construction Practice.
Daryn specialises in the construction and engineering infrastructure sector with a focus on corporate construction and construction litigation.
Daryn has assisted in a number of disputes arising mainly from standard form construction contracts such as FIDIC, NEC and JBCC.
Daryn has obtained an LLB degree (cum laude) from the University of South Africa (Unisa).
- Acted on behalf of a state-owned enterprise as the employer in the resolution of a dispute of a major infrastructure project through adjudication.
- Acted on behalf of a private company as the contractor in the resolution of a dispute arising against a state-owned enterprise for the right to perform work as agreed and subsequent compensation events which followed.
- Advised a global retail client on the refurbishment and construction of stores throughout South Africa, including drafting the agreement providing for the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the stores.
- Advised an NPO on the construction of a new warehouse facility, including drafting the agreement for the design and construction of the warehouse.
- Acted on behalf of a UK client as the contractor, in a number of adjudication proceedings, governed by English Law.