- Publications & Insights
Deon de Klerk is the co-head of our Corporate Department.
Deon divides his time between co-managing the Corporate Department and practicing across a broad spectrum of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and financial services matters.
He has a BA (cum laude) from Stellenbosch University and an LLB (cum laude) from the University of Cape Town. He was awarded the Law Society prize for best Candidate in the 1993 Attorneys Admission Examination.
- Representing the National Treasury of the Republic of South Africa in relation to a number of substantial transactions, including the sale of a major stake held by the South African Government in the telecommunications sector.
- Acting for a South African bank, BOE, in relation to the take-over of BOE by Nedbank.
- The establishment of the first South African dividend income fund.
- Acting for the international investment bank Nomura in relation to a multi-billion Rand transaction with a South African bank as counter-party.
- Representing EMI Group Limited in relation to the South African component of a global transaction involving the sale of the EMI Group.
- Representing Old Mutual Investment Group (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd in relation to a number of substantial financing transactions.
- Acting for the Old Mutual Group in relation to the review of a substantial group restructure.
- Acting for the bidder in the successful hostile bid for control of Ububele Ltd (listed).
- Representing Old Mutual Property in relation to the restructure of SA Corporate Real Estate Fund Limited.
- Representing Old Mutual Emerging Markets in relation to a number of strategic pan-African acquisition transactions.