- Publications & Insights
Dominic is a partner and a member of the General Finance department.
Dominic has vast experience in banking, finance and securities transactions with his practice focusing on structuring, negotiating and documenting financial transactions. These include corporate and acquisition finance, syndicated lending, trade finance, project finance, real estate financing, ship, aircraft and asset finance, and Islamic finance; capital markets transactions including securities and derivatives; incorporation, licensing, regulatory and compliance advice; as well as audits and due diligence investigations, and insolvency and bankruptcy procedures.
He has advised several institutions including domestic and international banks and financial institutions, insurance companies, capital markets intermediaries, corporate and individual borrowers and other entities seeking to raise finance in the capital markets, players in the payment workspace, and local and foreign investors.
- Advised Mizuho Bank, Ltd. on the legal status of bills of exchange and promissory notes in Kenya, in particular: the applicable legal provisions; the formalities in creating enforceable bills; the rights of the holder of an avalised bill against the institution giving the aval; and the enforceability of and market for avalised bills in Kenya.
- Advised Branch International Limited in respect of receivables financing transaction for facilities of up to USD 25 million from Victory Park Capital.
- Advised Branch International Limited on the issuance of a secured commercial paper programme valued at KES 200 million.
- Advised Branch International Limited owner of a social-media linked mobile phone lending app in relation to receivables financing transaction for facilities from Colchis Capital of up to USD 50 million.
- Advised Pacific Financing LLC in relation to a term loan facility of USD 50 million advanced to Inventure Corp Capital Limited for an asset-backed securities transaction, which facility was used to purchase receivables originated in Kenya by Inventure Mobile Limited which operates Tala, a mobile based lending platform.
- Advised the Government of Kenya (Office of the Attorney General) in relation to the USD 2 billion sovereign bond listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised the Government of the Republic of Kenya acting through the National Treasury as borrower in respect of a term loan facility for USD 250 million from a syndicate of lenders arranged by Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Dank.
- Advised Mashreqbank PSC in relation to a USD 100 million dual tranche loan facility to Stanbic Bank Kenya Limited.
- Advised Finance Parties in connection with the USD 81.5 million senior term facilities agreement entered into by Two Rivers Lifestyle Centre Limited, Two Rivers Development Limited as Shareholder, Stanbic Bank Kenya Limited and The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited acting through its Corporate and Investment Banking division.
- Advised the African Development Bank in relation to a USD 100 million line of credit to KCB Bank Kenya Limited.
- Advised Equity Bank Kenya Limited in relation to a USD 93.85 million financing to a Rwandan hospitality company.
- Advised Barclays Bank PLC, JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. London Branch, UBS Switzerland AG and Goldman Sachs Bank USA on finance facilities consisting of EUR 660 million and a revolving credit facility in the aggregate amount of CHF 110 million advanced to Swissport Group S.À R.L., Swissport Group (USA) LLC, Swissport Investments S.A. and Swissport International AG.
Publications & Insights
- Chambers ‘Fintech 2021’ Global Practice Guide
- Pre-Launch of the National Information Management System (NLIMS)
- The Central Bank Of Kenya (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- Implementation of the Stamp Duty (Valuation of Immovable Property) Regulations 2020
- Conversion of land reference numbers in Nairobi
- Recent Ugandan judgement has serious implications for the region’s banking sector
- The Central Bank of Kenya (Amendment) Bill, 2020
- Abolition of Common Seals for execution of documents
- The Business Laws (Amendment) Act, 2020
- COVID 19 Briefing No 4 – The closure of Registries and Government Offices
- COVID-19: Impact on Businesses and Investments in Kenya
- The Computer Misuse and Cybercrimes Act
- The Law of Contract (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- The Appointment of Commissioners in the National Land Commission and its Impact on Land Transactions
- The interest rate cap is no more…
- The Law of Contract (Amendment) Act, 2019
- CMA REGULATORY SANDBOX: READY TO PLAY?
- Regulation of interest rates: Where are we?
- The Warehouse Receipt System Bill 2018
- Lexology: A structured guide to Fintech in Kenya