- Publications & Insights
Dominic Indokhomi is a partner in our Nairobi office and a member of the Banking and Finance Department.
Dominic has vast experience in banking, finance and securities transactions with his practice focusing on structuring, negotiating and documenting financial transactions. These include corporate and acquisition finance, syndicated lending, trade finance, project finance, real estate financing, ship, aircraft and asset finance, and Islamic finance; capital markets transactions including securities and derivatives; incorporation, licensing, regulatory and compliance advice; as well as audits and due diligence investigations, and insolvency and bankruptcy procedures.
He has advised several institutions including domestic and international banks and financial institutions, insurance companies, capital markets intermediaries, corporate and individual borrowers and other entities seeking to raise finance in the capital markets, players in the payment workspace, and local and foreign investors.
His skills and expertise have earned him multiple secondment opportunities internationally.
Dominique has over 7 years’ post qualification experience. He is an advocate of the High Court of Kenya, a Commissioner for Oaths and a Notary Public.
Dominic has an LLB (Hons) from the University of Nairobi and a Certificate in Mediation from the Law Society of Kenya in conjunction with the Liverpool Law Society. He attended an entry course in arbitration from The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators in Kenya and has a Postgraduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
- Advised Royal Bafokeng Resources Proprietary Limited and Royal Bafokeng Platinum Limited, a South African mining group, in connection with a ZAR 2 billion (approximately USD 148 million) term, revolving and general credit facilities from Nedbank Limited and FirstRand Bank Limited (acting through its Rand Merchant Bank division).
- Advised Equity Bank Kenya Limited in relation to a USD 93.85 million financing to a Rwandan hospitality company.
- Advised Barclays Bank PLC, JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. London Branch, UBS Switzerland AG and Goldman Sachs Bank USA on finance facilities consisting of EUR 660 million and a revolving credit facility in the aggregate amount of CHF 110 million advanced to Swissport Group S.À R.L., Swissport Group (USA) LLC, Swissport Investments S.A. and Swissport International AG.
- Advised ARM Cement Limited in connection with the USD 50 million credit and term loan facilities from CfC Stanbic Bank Limited.
- Advised Wananchi Group (Holdings) Limited in the issuance of secured subordinated notes in connection with the cash injection of USD 130 million into company.
- Advised Standard Chartered Bank, London in connection with the provision of a USD 190 million term loan facility.
- Acting for various leading commercial banks in the preparation, review, perfection and realisation of securities. The banks include, without limitation, Stanbic Bank Kenya Limited, Standard Chartered Bank Limited, Commercial Bank of Africa, Bank of Africa Limited, Equity Bank Kenya Limited, Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited, Barclays Bank of Kenya Limited, I&M Bank Limited, Housing Finance of Kenya Limited and NIC Bank Limited.
- Advised NIC Bank Limited on the proposed re-organisation of its group structure to result in a structure having a non-operating holding company holding interests in all of NIC’s banking and non-banking subsidiaries and the the reorganization of its stockbroking and investment banking businesses with a view of carrying on these businesses under one licensed entity.
- Advised an international financial institution on its proposed partnership with the National Housing Corporation to raise funds in the capital markets for the development of 30 000 housing units.
- Advised Centum Investment Company Limited on the public and listing of KES 6 billion senior unsecured fixed rate notes and senior unsecured equity linked notes on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.
- Advised various international banks and financial institutions on the legal, regulatory and compliance requirements in relation to provision banking, lending, wealth management, and fiduciary services in Kenya.
- Advised CDC Group PLC on the acquisition of approximately 10.68% stake in I&M Holdings Limited.
- Advised Ernst & Young and the East African Community Secretariat on the legal and regulatory framework on payment systems in the East African Community member states, the road map for attaining interoperability of card switches, and integration of mobile financial services within the East African Community.
- Advised two international banks and international financial institutions on the implications of the receivership of Chase Bank Kenya Limited (in receivership) and Imperial Bank Limited (in receivership) on various letters of credits, lending and other dealings with Chase Bank Kenya Limited (in receivership) and Imperial Bank Limited (in receivership) and the manner in which that the respective clients’ exposure could be liquidated.
- Advised Britam Holdings Limited in connection with the development of a 29 storey high rise commercial building complex in Upper Hill.
- Conducted and advised on an in-depth and comprehensive legal and documentation audit in respect of the real estate assets and operations of Britam Holdings Limited and its related entities.
Publications & Insights
- COVID 19 Briefing No 4 – The closure of Registries and Government Offices
- COVID-19: Impact on Businesses and Investments in Kenya
- The Computer Misuse and Cybercrimes Act
- The Law of Contract (Amendment) Bill, 2019
- The Appointment of Commissioners in the National Land Commission and its Impact on Land Transactions
- The interest rate cap is no more…
- The Law of Contract (Amendment) Act, 2019
- CMA REGULATORY SANDBOX: READY TO PLAY?
- Regulation of interest rates: Where are we?
- The Warehouse Receipt System Bill 2018
- Lexology: A structured guide to Fintech in Kenya