Donna Gewer is a consultant in our Johannesburg office Dispute Resolution Department.
She specialises in commercial and corporate litigation, arbitration and mediation and has experience in handling complex and substantial disputes. She acts on behalf of major local and international corporate clients, listed companies and state-owned enterprises including auditors, mining houses and pharmaceuticals companies.
She has BA and LLB degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand.
- The Trustees for the time being of the Mpande Trust in proceedings involving Genesis Capital (Pty) Ltd in Business Rescue.
- Snowball Wealth (Pty) Ltd in bringing an exception. The exception was upheld by the court a quo. Leave to appeal to the Supreme Court of Appeal was granted and the appeal is likely to be heard by the Supreme Court of Appeal in the second quarter of 2022.
- A Government in an ongoing arbitration and High Court litigation involving a Public Private Partnership and related disputes.
- 3C Telecommunications (Pty) Ltd (3C), Oger Telecom (South Africa) (Pty) Ltd and Oger Telecom Limited in defending various High Court proceedings instituted by the minority shareholder of 3C in relation to the Blue Label/Cell C transaction.
- A consortium of individuals and a Mauritian company in proceedings against Domino’s Franchising International Inc., Taste Holdings Limited and Abraham Carel Viljoen.
- KPMG in proceedings brought against it and the Competition Commission by Netcare Hospitals in relation to its role in the Healthcare Inquiry.
- Jucool Enterprises Inc., a company incorporated in the British Virgin Islands, in proceedings instituted by the Commissioner of South African Revenue Service.
- CFR Pharmaceuticals S.A., a Chilean Listed company, in proceedings relating to the proposed acquisition of Adcock Ingram Holdings Limited.
- A mining company in defeating a claim of over R1 billion Rand brought against it in arbitration proceedings.
- Pangbourne, a listed collective investment scheme, in a successful appeal to the Supreme Court of Appeal relating to the fulfillment of contractual provisions.