Elizabeth is an associate in our Nairobi office and a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Department.
She specializes in complex mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, private client work and general corporate and commercial advisory work.
She has experience in a wide range of corporate and commercial matters and has acted in a number of precedent setting M&A transactions as well as corporate and commercial advisory work.
She is an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya and a member of the Law Society of Kenya. Elizabeth is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA Part 1).
Elizabeth holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from the University of Nairobi and a Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
*Prior to joining Bowmans
- Advised the Administrators of the first listed company in Kenya to be placed under administration pursuant to the Insolvency Act, 2015, as part of their legal team, in the first cross border M&A transaction by a company under administration following the enactment of the Companies Act, 2015 and the Insolvency Act, 2015.
- Advised a Bank as part of their legal team on the sale of 90% of its issued share capital to another bank.
- Advised the acquirer as part of their legal team in connection with the acquisition of 100% of shares in a cement manufacturing company.
- Advised the Guarantor as part of their legal team in relation to a guarantee for a Medium-Term Note programme to finance a real estate project.
- Advised an investor client as part of their legal team in respect of the legal issues pertaining to their investment in a Development Real Estate Investment Trust (D-REIT) and an Income Real Estate Investment Trust (I-REIT).
- Advised a bank as part of their legal team in the provision of a revolving limited recourse receivables purchase facility for discounting of eligible receivables due to a company from various buyers in respect of motor vehicle facilities offered by the company.
- Conducted a comprehensive legal review/study on the legal and regulatory framework for the setting up and operation of the first mortgage refinance company in Kenya, as part of the legal team.
- Advised the Seller/Developer in a high-end real estate development project involving the construction and sale of four hundred(400) residential units.
- Advised a bank on the sale and leaseback of three flours of its headquarters.
- Acted for both corporate and individual clients on diverse matters such as incorporation of companies, creation of securities over various assets and managed the completion of registration formalities at the relevant registries including the Lands Registry, the Companies Registry and the Collateral Registry.