Fathima is an associate in the Corporate department of our Johannesburg office, and a member of the M&A practice.
Fathima has experience in advising local and foreign clients in general corporate and commercial matters in both the public and private space. Fathima has advised JSE listed companies in relation to B-BBEE structuring as well as capital raises. Fathima regularly assists local and foreign clients with general company law advice and company secretarial matters.
Fathima holds BCom and LLB degrees from the University of the Witwatersrand.
Some of Fathima’s transactional experience includes advising:
- ATON GmbH (Germany), on its proposed ZAR 7.6 billion takeover of JSE-listed Murray & Roberts Holdings Limited.
- The Bookrunning syndicate, including Goldman Sachs, J.P Morgan, Morgan Stanley, Absa and RMB in respect of Growthpoint Properties Limited’s ZAR 4.3 billion accelerated bookbuild offering.
- AB InBev, SAB and SAB Zenzele Kabili in the unwind of the SAB Zenzele BEE transaction and the implementation of the new SAB Zenzele Kabili BEE transaction, including the listing of SAB Zenzele Kabili on the BEE Segment of the main board of the JSE.
- Sappi Limited in relation to the corporate and equity securities law aspects of its recent issue of shares for the purpose of the conversion of convertible bonds issued by Sappi Southern Africa;
- ABB (Asea Brown Boveri) on the South African aspects of the disposal of its power grids and solar inverter businesses.
- International Finance Corporation (a vision of the World Bank Group) on its investment in South African student accommodation.
- iHeartMedia+Entertainment on the South African law aspects of its acquisition of Triton Digital from The E.W. Scripps Company.
- Imperial Logistics on its acquisition of Parcel Ninja (a South African e-commerce service provider).