Fazil Hossenkhan is the managing partner of our Mauritius office.
He is a corporate and funds lawyer who specialises in investment funds, private equity and corporate law.
Prior to joining Bowmans, Fazil was the founding partner of FirmWise, a practice-focused corporate law firm. Before that, he headed the Funds and Financial Services Practice of a leading business law firm in Mauritius. Fazil has also served as general counsel of the Mauritius Financial Services Commission where he was heavily involved in the drafting and implementation of the regulatory regime for investment funds, financial services and capital markets in Mauritius.
Fazil has an LLB (Hons) from the London School of Economics and Political Science and a Postgraduate Diploma in Banking and Finance Law from the University of London.
- Advised on the structuring and setting up of numerous private equity funds and collective investment schemes, principally in the context of the Mauritius tax treaty network with African jurisdictions and Asia.
- Has acted for various private equity fund houses and managers (e.g. Adenia Partners, Africa Capital Alliance, African Infrastructure Investment Managers, Berkeley Energy, LeapFrog, Tlcom, Phatisa and Grofin Managers).
- Recently advised on the set up and closing of TIDE Africa Fund, and Novastar Ventures Africa Fund II.
* experience gained prior to joining Bowmans
- Author of Mauritius chapter on Investment Funds in Practical Law Handbook 2015
- Ranked by Chambers Global and IFLR 1000
- Included in the Who’s Who of Legal Fund Lawyers for Mauritius between 2013 and 2017