- Publications & Insights
Francis Kamuzora is a senior associate in our Dar es Salaam office.
He has more than 10 years’ experience advising clients on intellectual property law (particularly trade marks and patents, both contentious and non-contentious), tax, employment and general commercial law. He has handled numerous tax and employment, capital markets and securities, anti-trust and litigious matters.
Highlights of Francis’ experience include:
- Being part of the team that represented Serengeti Breweries Ltd in an unfair competition enquiry/ proceedings before the Fair Competition Commission.
- Being part of the team that was involved in representing Dar es Salaam Water and Sewerage Authority in litigation before the Fair Competition Tribunal against EWURA.
- Representing the Bank of Africa Ltd in a civil litigation involving corporate negligence.
- Representing SBC Tanzania Ltd in a civil litigation involving corporate negligence.
- Advising and representing SBC Tanzania Ltd and Noremco AB, and TICTS in numerous labour disputes.
- Being part of the team that represented TICTS in a tax dispute: Yussuf Ziwa v. CIT and TICTS.
- Representing Budweiser Budvar National Corporation in a trade mark dispute over the BUDWEISER trade mark.
- Representing Philip Morris Products SA in a trade mark dispute over the MARLBORO rooftop device.
- Representing Zumba Fitness LLC in a trade mark dispute involving the ZUMBA mark.
- Representing Securex Agencies (K) Ltd in a trade mark dispute over the SECUREX mark.
- Representing the Society For Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication scrl in a trade mark dispute involving the PAYSWIFT mark.
- Representing Viacom International Inc. in opposition proceedings against Glitz Entertainment Ltd in a trade mark dispute over the UNPLUGGED mark.
- Representing Shinyanga Emporium (1978) Ltd before the High Court in trade mark infringement (NEELAM) litigation against Kishan Enterprises Ltd, and also before the Registrar of Trade and Service Marks in trade mark cancellation proceedings filed by Seth Industrial Corporation.
- Representing Spice VAS Tanzania Ltd in a copyright infringement dispute against Push Mobile Media Ltd.
- Being part of the team that advised and represented Scotch Whisky Association in a trade mark dispute over McKenzie Royal Whisky.
- Being part of the team that represented Glaxo Group Ltd in a trade mark dispute involving the ZANTAC mark.
- Fulfilling the role of company secretary and adviser to Nokia Siemens Tanzania Networks Ltd.