- Publications & Insights
Fred Mpanga is a partner in our Kampala office.
He specialises in intellectual property registrations and litigation, real estate conveyancing, banking law and practice, international trade and securitisation. His expertise extends to insurance, finance, and local and international arbitration.
He has a LLB Hons from Makerere University, Uganda, and a LLM from the University of Cambridge, UK. David is also a lecturer of law at Makerere University.
- Acted as Local Counsel to a leading international bottling company in the processing of the certificate of title for its manufacturing plant with an estimated value of USD 20 million.
- Acted as Counsel to an international infrastructure company on the acquisition and registration as easements of rights of access over a water body/natural resource in Uganda.
- Acted as Counsel to a leading private education tertiary institution on the acquisition of land for its Kampala Campus valued at UGX 2,5 billion.
- Acted as Counsel to a private limited liability company in the acquisition of land for real estate development whose value was USD 500,000.
- Advised a leading telecom towers company in its acquisition and registration of tower sites and towers from another telecom company.
- Advised a leading foreign/international NGO in regard to the process of management of funds and local area council in the acquisition of land and resettlement of a community displaced by a forest company in Central Uganda.
- Advised a leading Christian NGO on the process of management and re-settlement of occupants in its land.
- Acted as Counsel to a religious organization in the negotiation of the change of ownership of several parcels of land in more than 20 districts in Uganda.
- Been retained by a private individual for all conveyancing i.e. acquisition of land, processing condominium property titles and disposal of the same properties with a transaction value of USD 1,14 million.
- Acted for the largest land owner in Uganda, the Kabaka of Buganda with regard to land matters such as compensation, acquisition and delivery of vacant possession.
- Together with Mr. David Mpanga advised the Kingdom of Buganda and, separately, the Namirembe Diocese of the Church of Uganda, both large institutional landowners, on the Land (Amendment) Bill (eventually passed as the Land (Amendment) Act 2010) and lobbied the Executive as well as Parliament in respect of the same.
- Acted for several corporations and private individuals and estates on the acquisition and disposal of land.
“Anchoring the practice in Kampala, Frederick Mpanga oversees trademark registration and litigation matters with poise. Lead IP associate Brian Manyire takes responsibility for the day-to-day running of the practice, proving himself to be highly adept when it comes to prosecution and high level enforcement.” – World Trademark Review, 2020