Heather Duffey is a partner in our Johannesburg office Corporate Department, specialising in local and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and shareholders arrangements.
She is dual qualified in South African and English law and headed up the Bowmans’ London office for several years. She regularly advises multinational corporates on mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures in South Africa and the rest of Africa and South African corporates on cross-border transactions in the UK and Europe.
Heather has BA and LLB degrees from the University of Cape Town and an LLM from Cambridge University, UK.
Some recent transactions which Heather has advised on include:
- advising the shareholders of Teraco Data Environments Pty Limited in relation to the disposal of 100% of the equity in Teraco to Permira in partnership with management;
- advising Rubis Group in relation to the merger of the liquefied petroleum gas business of its subsidiary Easigas Pty Limited in Southern Africa with the LPG business of Reatile Gaz;
- advising Datatec Limited in relation to the acquisition of Comztek Holdings (deal value ZAR88 million);
- advising Hewlett-Packard in relation to the South African aspects of the spin-off of its enterprise services business for merger with CSC;
- advising Hewlett-Packard in relation to the South African aspects of its acquisition of Samsung’s printer business (global deal value USD 1.1 billion)